Saturday, May 25, 2024

A Buttery Gift


What exactly is compound butter? 

It is softened butter, whipped with various sweet or savory ingredients. While the concept is simple, the potential flavor combinations are endless. Pair scones, rolls, pancakes, waffles or cornbread with butters flavored with orange or lemon zest, maple syrup, honey or cinnamon. Pair meat, vegetables, fish and bread with butters mixed with herbs, spices, cheese or citrus zest.  (The Pioneer Woman) 

I make Herbal Butter all the time, especially in the summer when I have fresh herbs in my little garden. 


 
This time I used this Wilton Silicone Mold:
I blended the herbs and garlic into the softened butter and spread it into the mold.  I placed it in the freezer to harden.  Once the butter was semi-frozen, I popped them out and placed them in plastic, disposable cupcake domes:


I packaged them in "Butter Boxes" I found last year:


I added a little shredded paper....


...and tied a spreader onto one of the boxes...


...with a little baker's twine....


.....and a tag onto the other:


I can never go to anyone's house empty handed, so these will be perfect little gifts for friends.

Here are a few simple recipes: 

Garlic Basil Butter
1/2 stick of butter, 1 minced garlic clove and 3-4 basil leaves, minced

  • Chive Butter
  • 1/2 stick of butter and 2-3 T of chopped chives, dash of salt and pepper

  • Sun-dried Tomato Herbal Butter
  • 1/2 stick butter, 1 clove garlic minced, 2 T sundried tomatoes, drained, minced.

  • Roasted Red Pepper Butter
  • 1/2 stick of butter, 2T roasted peppers, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/8 t spiced seasonings and dash of salt and pepper.

    • Maple Bacon Butter  
    • 1/2 stick butter at room, 2 t maple syrup, 1 slice of crispy cooked bacon, crumbled, 1 t bacon grease

      • Herbal Butter
      • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced, 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives, minced, few dashes of black pepper




Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea. Where did you find the disposable cupcake domes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great hostess gift idea! We are going to try the Maple Bacon Butter on some pancakes this weekend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea, you are the Queen of creating these little hostess type gifts Patti!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious idea. The bacon maple butter sounds great for a pancake breakfast. Have. A great weekend. Hugs. Kris @ JunkChicCottage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic -- and a darling gift idea with your cute packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this wonderful butter blog, you are the perfect hostess and guest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to bookmark this post for future reference!

    ReplyDelete