Sunday, November 5, 2023

Apple Galette



Galettes are so much easier and quicker to make than a pie - and because there are only two of us,  this is dessert for two days!



I began with a pre-made Pillsbury pie crust:


 This time I used small golden delicious apples, peeled and cut into wedges.


This size is perfect for 4 desserts!


To keep the crust golden, I brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with sugar:





The aroma is amazing!


Apple Galette

3 cups apples, sliced thin
1/4 c sugar
1 T flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t vanilla
1 premade pie crust
1/2 T butter, cut into little chunks plus 1T melted
2 t sugar for dusting

Toss the first 5 ingredients in a large storage bag to coat the apples well.

Roll out premade pie crust on a parchment covered baking sheet and arrange the apples in the center, leaving a 1 1/2' -2" border of crust.  Fold the edges up, pleating over the apples.  Dot with little chunks of butter.  Brush melted butter over the pie crust and sprinkle with a little sugar.  Bake for 25 minutes at 425°.  Let sit for 15 minutes to cool and let the juices thicken. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream! 


The perfect serving plate:
MacKenzie-Childs Royal Check Enamel Dinner Plate







Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. I love to make galettes too Patti, this one looks delicious!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peasy and yummy love it. Have a great new week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could smell it. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete