Saturday, September 24, 2022

Trying new recipes ....

I love to try out new recipes when we have company - Some are afraid to do this in case the recipe is a flop, but I always take the chance and welcome the feedback!



Here are a few I have tried recently and most I will definitely make again:


Grilled Cheese Roll-ups


You simply cut the crust off the bread and roll thin with a rolling pin.  Lay one slice of cheese (or grated cheese) on the bread and roll tightly.  Brush melted butter on the edge to secure it shut.  Brush melted butter all over the bread and fry, rolling to brown all sides:


This was a success!   It is so easy for the 'littles' to pick up!

**************

This is a Breakfast Pizza - I made up the recipe as I had no time to research ideas and it turned out delish!:


8 eggs
2/3 c milk
1/4 c green peppers
1/4 c red peppers
1/4 cup diced pepperoni
1/2 c mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cheddar cheese, grated
S&P
Prepared thin pizza crust

Mix eggs, milk and peppers and scramble over med heat.  On prepared dough sprinkle mozzarella cheese.  Top with scrambled eggs, then cheddar cheese and pepperoni.  Bake for 20 min @ 400°




I'll be making this again - I LOVE thin crust, but might use a thicker crust next time!

**********

Waffle Cups:


This was a gift from a friend....


I made some "cups" for ice cream sundaes....


I am not sure if I like this - I also made regular waffles for my grandsons and they were a hit.  With this waffle cup maker I think I need more practice!!

These are my favorite ice cream bowls - they keep it nice and cold!!
MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Enamel Ice Cream bowl

********************
Pickles - 2nd time around

Save the pickle juice. when the pickles are all gone....



This tray also comes in Royal Check:
MacKenzie-Childs Royal Check Enamel Round Tray



Slice up1-2 cucumbers and place into clean jar.   Heat the leftover juice to boiling....


...and pour it over the cucumbers


Seal tight, cool and refrigerate.  Let sit for 3-4 day and enjoy!!



*******************

Pickled Carrots


These are so good on salads, on a charcuterie board or just to snack on!


*************

Taco Salad


I simply fried up ground beef and used a taco seasoning packet.  The base is a typical green salad with tomatoes, celery, cucumber, peppers, topped with shredded cheese, taco meat, salsa and more cheese - don't forget the chili corn chips! YUM!

*****************

I saw this online - no greasy mess!

*****************

I didn't make this but it's OH SO GOOD:




**************


Have you joined:


300X250
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. All of these sound so yummy. Yum on those grilled cheese roll ups. Happy Saturday. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost always try out new recipes on guests. I figure I'm good enough that it should come out as above-passable and if it bombs we'll all have a great laugh (and a back-up plan!) Everything here looks delicious but I really love the idea of the pickle short cut! How clever is that! The taco salad looks like a tasty shortcut too! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pickle short cut is very clever! I have made grilled cheese roll ups, so good for dunking in soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new recipes Patti. The grilled cheese rollups look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete