Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Flavored Salts are perfect as finishing salts....

 

Flavored salts are perfect as finishing salts....







         Basil Salt, Oregano Salt and Chive Salt are easily made with the fresh herb and course salt


You can also use oregano:


I had to cut it down before it flowered, so I made some "oregano salt" and also froze some fresh leaves for the winter.  I use them in tomato sauce.


The measurements are the same as making any finishing salt:  
1c course salt and 1c packed leaves. 
 (Follow the directions in the Basil Salt above)


Oregano Salt:


Remember, you can make a finishing salt with any herb!

**********

This cutting board makes a perfect "work station":



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea and these salts would make the perfect gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You grow and harvest an herb garden better than anyone I know! Love the idea of a salt rimmed BM. We have a local salt works company that harvests and markets its salts, and seasons various ones with native plants (apple, ramp, etc). They are so convenient and easy, I don't even think about making my own. They do make super gifts, and yours make it even moreso with the personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made Rosemary Salt and Bacon Salt, I must get busy and try Basil Salt, basil is so easy to grow and I have a bunch right now, thanks Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great gift packaged in that pretty jar with a tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is genius! I grow a lot of herbs and imagining all of the flavored salts I could come up with. Thanks for the great idea! Pattie @Olla-Podrida

    ReplyDelete