Sunday, February 6, 2022

Deviled Eggs - Easy to make....

                        Deviled Eggs



How to make Deviled Eggs:


  • 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
  • 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
  • optional: 1tsp vinegar

  • Separate eggs from white and mash egg yolks in a small bowl.  Stir in mayo and mustard. (You can also add: pickle relish, chili powder, crumbled bacon, crabmeat, hot pepper sauce, or spicy seasonings).

  • Spoon or pipe the mixture into the egg white halves.  Sprinkle with paprika (or smoked paprika, chives, parsley, smoked tomato seasoning or your own spice blend)


And in case you need help with boiling the eggs:


A little trivia, found online:

However, as American, as they may seem, they did not originate here, and they exist in other varieties in different nations. As an example, these tasty treats are referred to as deviled eggs in the UK, and as dressed eggs, eggs mimosa, stuffed eggs, and angel eggs in other parts of the world.
The term deviled egg comes from an 18th-century culinary term that the Oxford English Dictionary originally used to describe a fried or boiled dish that was highly seasoned. and this was eventually used to also include spicy, condiment-filled dishes, as well. It was eventually used to describe eggs.


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Loving the new look of your blog as much as I love deviled eggs!! I often make a whole dozen just for me to snack on!!!
    I'm chuckling here because even as a retired Family and Consumer Science teacher myself, I still wonder just how many old croonies, like myself, even knew that the name of Home Ec was changed to that name????!!!!! I was so upset when they changed it....even tho the changes in our world called for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti-My whole family loves deviled egg. I usually add a spoonful of sweet relish and sometimes put a few bits of bacon on top. So good. Yours is really the original recipe though..and a time loved favorite. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deviled eggs are always a favorite here. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete