Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Christmas Trash

I have been making Christmas Trash for over 30 years.  I guess you could call it a family tradition because now my daughter makes it, too!


It is simply white chocolate poured over cereal, nuts, pretzels and M&Ms

Here's the recipe - and you can certainly adapt it to your liking!
3 c Cheerios
3 c Corn Checks
3 c Rice Chex
1 c peanuts
1c pretzel stix
1 bag M&Ms
1 1/2 lb white chocolate buttons

(other items you can add:  raisins, a variety of nuts, peanut M&Ms, popcorn, sprinkles)

Mix all dry ingredients in a very large bowl.  Melt chocolate in the microwave and pour over dry ingredients.  Toss and toss so that all dry ingredients are coated with chocolate.  Pour out onto parchment or waxed paper and spread.  Once chocolate has set, break up candy and store in zip bags.


I always serve it in a bowl with a cute spoon and it gets gobbled up!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. This has to be so. yummy! Thanks for sharing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delish, and I think the presentation with the little spoon is darling! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy and such a lovely presentation. I did notice the darling spoon.

    ReplyDelete