Friday, December 31, 2021

A treasured tree....


You might remember the bridal bouquet I made for my daughter, Caitlin, in 2018:


These are the leftover jewels that I have been 'procrastinating' to make a Christmas Tree for my other daughter, Sara:



I collected jewelry from all our family members and friends to make the bridal bouquet and used all the leftover pieces to create this tree.   I spray painted a cardboard cone and hot glued the pieces onto the cone:





The "tree skirt" was my grandmother's hanky:


The photos don't do it justice as it really glistens!




I gave it to Sara on Christmas Day:



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a great idea - a memento she will treasure for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!! Soooo pretty Thanks for the inspiration!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Patti. This is such a precious gift to your daughter.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! So cool!! I have boxes of old jewelry and always wanted to do something with it. This is it!!!!
    Will be my winter project…IF we ever get winter. Supposed to be 78 here today 🤷‍♀️
    Thanks for the SUpER idea!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly spectacular!!! You made a beautiful keepsake:@) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome posts ALL year. I can't wait for 2022. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, and you can see she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. Love that the family chipped in piece. Looks like an angel. A precious gift. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea Patti, it is beautiful, I'm sure she will treasure it! Happy New Year!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tree. Also the bridal bouquet is an amazing idea. A great way to display vintage jewelry. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete