Monday, November 8, 2021

Cherry Bread...



Here's an easy recipe for  Cherry Bread - a delicious blend of cherries and almond flavors...and wait til you see the pretty glaze on it....



This bread is not as light as most quick breads, but the flavor is delicious!



Easy Cherry Bread Recipe

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond extract)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 jars maraschino cherries (10 ounces each)

Glaze:

  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Instructions

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
  • Drain the maraschino cherries, reserving the juice for the glaze. Coarsely chop the cherries in a food processor or with a knife. Gently fold the cherries into the batter.
  • Pour the bread batter into a greased 9"x5" bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, butter, cherry juice and almond extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth.  Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve. Freezes well!     Source:https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com
                 

"In cooking, as all the arts, simplicity is the sign of perfection"


And this was simple and quick to make!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty and I bet the aroma made your kitchen smell amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a new recipe for me and it looks pretty for the season. I'm sure it taste as good as it looks. I want to try this........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, I love cherry anything baked into quick breads, cookies and cakes!
    I had this recipe among tons of others and lost all my screen shots, texts with pics and recipes… everything on my old phone!
    So now I’m trying to navigate my new phone and use it to full potential and have a backup plan! Lol
    Have a fantastic week Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh looks easy and can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete