Wednesday, September 8, 2021

A SHINY PUMPKIN!

I wanted a shiny pumpkin for my lantern so I bought a small pumpkin..... 




....and pulled out some old supplies I had in my craft drawers:


I added pieces of copper leaf to the pumpkin....


...of course this procedure is easier on glass or wood, but I didn't need it to be perfect!


I let it dry and applied more leafing.

I like a little of the orange peeking through.... 


.....and at this point I sealed it.  

Then I made an early fall display in my lantern on the front porch, the 5 hr timer candle lights every night :


The next day I found a shiny pumpkin in the Dollar Tree  - lol -  but this little project gave me something to do one afternoon!

Busy hands keeps me away from the shopping sites on the computer!!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. It turned out great! Happy early fall-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the battery operated candle on the porch - so cozy. I need to start pulling out the pumpkins here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Patti, you make everything look so good! I love how your pumpkin turned out. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Patti. Love the results and the lantern on the porch........

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I like the touches of orange showing through. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE!!! I like the gilded pumpkin in the lantern, too!

    ReplyDelete