Tuesday, June 22, 2021

TEA, TEA, TEA...

"Come let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things." Chaim Potok




“Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage.” – Catherine Douzel


"Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book" B Watterson


"A woman is like a tea bag, you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water" E. Roosevelt


"There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation" Lin Yutang


Tea has been called "a hug in a cup"!


I have to be very chilled to really enjoy a hot cup of tea.  


I prefer ice tea, even in the winter!


And enamel cups keep the ice tea nice and cold!


You may have heard that iced tea was invented at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair by an Englishman named Richard Blechynden, where it was so hot, tea wasn’t selling. Richard had the idea of pouring it over ice and it was an instant success.  However, Richard wasn’t the first person to create iced tea. A recipe for iced tea can actually be found in Housekeeping in Old Virginia by Marion Cabell Tyree, published in 1877.


An enamel cup often travels with me...



...from the sea to the mountains:



"A cup of tea is an excuse to share great thoughts with great minds." Cristina Re


"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be diminished by a nice cup of tea." Bernard Paul Heroux


And whether my tea is hot or cold, I enjoy it most with a cookie:


Hot or cold - taking time for a cup of tea can certainly calm the nerves!



When life hands you lemons, put a slice in your tea!


Now to decide which tea set to use, Courtly Check.....


Picadilly by MacKenzie-Childs:


Another cute stackable tea set by MacKenzie-Childs:



A vintage Miss Dainty Girl by Lefton:


Today is a perfect day for a cup of tea on the front porch!

Do you like tea?


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Patti! Your tea cache is wonderful! Your Miss Dainty Girl - swoon! And your Picadilly - knock me over with a feather beautiful. Today is a rainy day (and cooler!), so I may need a cup of tea and a good book. I do prefer iced tea. It used to be my go-to when I was in graduate school for studying. After the girls would be in bed, I'd brew the tea, ice it, and stay up all night studying. That was my Saturday Night Live. Or dead, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tea inspired post. I love to use my tea pots for flowers, because I usually just brew a cup of tea for me. I like hot tea on winter days an ice tea during the hot summer days. I always have a cup of hot tea at night before going to bed. It's a relaxing ritual my sister and I stared as teens.
    Enjoy your cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty tea vignettes and wonderful quotes! I have tried to like tea, but I guess I'm not sophisticated enough 😂 and ice tea is ok, but I'd rather just have water...or wine! I love your flower filled teapots and all the MKC pretties, happy sipping Patti!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your tea pretties and would love to sip a cup to tea with you. Such a lovely round-up of your tea vignettes, all of which are so inspiring. I especially adore the stackable tea set! I am for the most part a coffee girl, enjoy hot tea occasionally on chilly evening during the winter. I love iced tea year round. I do enjoy my tea sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tea, and I'm drinking it right now! I had iced tea with lunch, and now I'm sipping hot tea while I blog jog! :D

    LOVE the Eleanor Roosevelt quote....how fantastic (and true) is that!

    Nice round-up post. I love all things Piccadilly, BTW....I want an entire Piccadilly kitchen: I want the colors, maybe paint the stripes on the walls, have a black and white tile backsplash, like I'm living in a Piccadilly bowl or something...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post showcasing so many stunning tea pots, cups and accessories!! LOVE everything!! The quotes were a great touch too!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. such beautiful dishes. Love all of them and how you styled them. Such beautiful vignettes you created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ready for some tea! What a lovely collection you have! I am drinking iced tea right, very close to St. Louis. Peach tea over frozen peaches and blackberries. Yum!

    ReplyDelete