Monday, June 28, 2021

Painted Flowers....


I saw a wooden flower hand painted over at  Patina and Paint, so I made a trip to the Dollar Tree and picked up 3 wooden flowers:






Using a similar painting technique, using lots of colors and highlights, I painted each a different color.  It takes no time at all because you really can't make a mistake:



These fit perfectly on my three tiered stand by MacKenzie-Childs:


I set the table for a girlfriend lunch.....


...and layered Pioneer Woman plates with MacKenzie-Childs enamel plates and Black Tie flatware...


The napkins are also from MacKenzie Childs and the tablecloth is by Rachel Cordaro, a local artist:


My hand painted wine glasses are used quite often!


I served little cookies and mini cupcakes on the three tiers for dessert:


Lunch was simply Bruschetta, Chicken Caesar Salad and Thirsty Owl Riesling, 


All of these flowers have brightened up this room!


I have also used these as trays:


or for Happy Hour snack of nuts and fruits:


It's so exciting to start entertaining again!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Patti, that looks great! Tammy's got a lot of great ideas, and you executed this one really well. Love the table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this!! Great job Patti and I love the pattern mix on your table with PW and MKC! Love the painted flower discs 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your flowers are way better than mine. I love how you used them and the table is absolutely gorgeous! That cookie is calling my name....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your flowers are way better than mine. I love how you used them and the table is absolutely gorgeous! That cookie is calling my name....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, you have such a gift for doing crafts. The flowers are darling and I love they fit on the tiered stand. Your table looks amazing with the floral centerpiece, plate stack and MC's flatware. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY CUTE and colorful for summer! :D I like how it blends with everything else on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I imagine your friend felt very special with the decorations and the delicious lunch menu. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty flowers. They look fabulous for your girlfriends lunch. How great to pick them up at the dollar store and paint them. A pretty summer table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are so pretty and I love how you used them on your tiered stand. Very clever, Patti!

    ReplyDelete