Friday, June 25, 2021

Lemon Zucchini with Almonds and Parmesan







INGREDIENTS:
1 medium zucchini, sliced in 1/2" diagonal slices
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 medium lemon 
salt and pepper
2-3 T cup sliced almonds
2-3 T grated Parmesan cheese


DIRECTIONS:
Zest the lemon and set aside zest.  Squeeze juice from the lemon into a small bowl and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Brush lemon dressing on both sides of each slice of zucchini and let marinade for an hour.  Preheat gas grill and grill each slice until tender.  Serve on a platter and drizzle with leftover lemon dressing.  Top with almonds, zest and cheese and serve right away.









Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. I’ve never tried almonds with zucchini, but since I love both, I will try it next time we grill zucchini (which is often during summertime). Thanks for posting, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our veggies grilled here and I use lemons a lot so this sounds like a delicious combo. Thanks Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The almonds are surprising but I love it! So pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't grilled lately and I really miss it - my favorite veg to grill is okra, but this looks so good - must try!

    ReplyDelete