Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop



This is the first time I am joining a group of very talented bloggers to recreate something I have pinned, using this month's theme: "Eco Friendly"!  Their links are at the bottom of this post.


The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate us to actually make  something that we have pinned!  


Keeping with the theme, Eco Friendly literally means earth friendly, or not harmful to the environment.  I like using cocktail napkins, rather than paper napkins, however sometimes they get stained or discolored.  To mask that, I decided to paint them!



This is what I pinned:

Inspiration found here


I took 4 old linen cocktail napkins....



....and pulled out a variety of acrylic paints and paint brushes:


I loaded a flat paint brush with 2 colors and following the instructions I painted a 'swirl", starting in the center and working my way out:


Acrylic paints adhere to the fibers in the fabric and dry quickly.


The paint will not wash out....


...and these take moments to make!


I also enjoy painting on glass....


...and its a quick way to "pretty-up" plain glassware:


This challenge forced me to try painting in a style I had never tried before....


...and to be inspired by another blogger!




I hope you will visit these other clever bloggers!

Here are the participants in the Pinterest Challenge:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

11 comments:

  1. So happy to have you join us! These are beautiful napkins! I can see painting different themed napkins to switch out throughout the year - so fun!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your napkins are so pretty, Patti and I had no idea that acrylic paint could be used on fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that style flower you painted and they look so good on your napkins! I like your painted glasses, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job painting the flowers onto the napkins! They're all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, welcome to the Pinterest Challenge. It is a fun event. I love your painted napkins. Do they require any special care? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute, Patti. They look great with M-C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Patti. Great idea for a party too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tons of acrylic paint and never knew they could be used on fabric! Your napkins are so pretty! 'Gotta try this! pinning -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! You are awesome with your painting! I'm envious! I'd like to try this, I have a ton of white napkins and a supply of acrylic paints I keep for my granddaughters. Fingers crossed I do half as well as you!!!

    Jane❤️

    ReplyDelete