Monday, March 1, 2021

Tales of the Traveling Tote #26


The Tales of the Traveling Tote is a series of adventures that share where our Mackenzie Childs tote bags have taken us.  Four times a year a group of bloggers each write a connected post about the places we have been. We have built incredible friendships through our blogs and we hope you enjoy our tales as much as we do!

To read about how it all began, go HERE

March 2021

This map shows the places Miss Kenzie and I visited last year, 2020 - most of the travel taking place before the Covid shutdown!



December 2020

It was a hectic month and my tote never left the closet!  My Mom took a terrible fall, but was able to spend Christmas Day with us.  The holidays were very different this year due to the pandemic and we missed a lot of traditions and family gatherings.



January 2021

This was a cold and dreary month and the good news was that Covid vaccinations would soon be available!


A winter walk at Durand Beach on Lake Ontario:


Another winter walk at William's Beach on Oneida Lake:




February 2021


This month was even less traveled as I have been caring for, and planning a move for my elderly mom since December.  She had Pneumonia, Coronavirus, and is now fully vaccinated!  She will be moving into assisted living in March.

It's been a challenge for all of us, and my tote hid in a closet not wanting to be a part of any of this!

I think everyone has had their share of challenges the past 12 months.  I am so thankful for John, the friends who have supported me, and the many cards and prayers sent my Mom's way.  It is so warming to have so many people who care!  

I am also happy to share that I have been fully vaccinated and John will be soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackie, at Purple Chocolat Home is hosting this quarter's giveaway, so be sure to stop by and leave a comment to be entered!

ht




Stop by to visit the rest of the Traveling Tote gang to see what they have been up to, I am sure it will be more exciting than my tale this time!:

Debbie with Miss Aurora @ Mountain Breaths 

Emily with Miss Courtney ChildsThe French Hutch

Jenna with Miss Coquille @The Painted Apron

Linda P with Miss Lola @ Life and Linda

 Patti with Miss Kenzie @ Pandora's Box. YOU ARE HERE

Rita with Miss Luna C Panoply 

Sarah with Miss Merri Mac @ Hyacinths for the Soul

Jackie and Miss Madi K @ Purple Chocolat Home

Ricki Jill and Countess De Monet @ The Sketchy Reader

Cherry Kay and Carrie Ann Hall @ Entertaining Women  



Follow us on Instagram on the 15th of each month!

@ppultorak


Here is hoping for exciting travels in the future filled with lots of wanderlust!



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

11 comments:

  1. Patti, you have certainly had a challenging winter. I'm so sorry about your mom's bad fall and having gone through Covid. It is such a terrible time when our loved ones have to make such changes. It looks like you took advantage of such beautiful locations for your walks. Hoping this new year will see transiting back to some normality.Happy March Patti.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as though January and February of 21 was just a continuation of 2020! March has GOT to be better! I too, have an elderly mom who loves to fall, much to everyone's dislike - she is 91 today and still living alone, but I think this is the year she will give in to a different living arrangement. Your winter walks look gloomy and wonderful all at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I'm so sorry about your mom, things were bad enough last year without extra challenges! I know you love to be on the go and are anxious to get your tote traveling again! So happy to hear you are vaccinated and that your mom survived both pneumonia and Covid, that's amazing! Thank you for being our TTT leader, and let's hope we all have a much better March!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I keep you and your mom in my prayers. The vaccines are a glimmer of hope, and I really hope your mom adjusts well to the move you make for her. Cheers to a better near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, I am so sorry I did not know about your mom. With the challenges everyone is facing with the pandemic, anything extra makes life just that much more challenging, and I know that is especially true for your mother. I will definitely lift y'all up in prayer, and you are blessed to have your mother's genes! She is a rockstar to have recovered like she has... I'm hopeful for herd immunity and more travels in all of our futures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, prayers and healing thoughts for your dear mom. So glad you and your hubby are vaccinated. A hope for things to get back to normal. So sorry your missed your Caribbean trip. I know how fun it is to get away. The walk around the lake looks lovely. Anything to get us out. Here's to bright new month. Happy March.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I know it has been especially challenging for your mom. She is lucky to have a caring daughter close at hand. Grateful she has recovered and will soon be settled in her new living arrangement. Having gone through all these stages with my own mom, I know the emotions and challenges you face. All the best as you travel this journey.
    Love the cute photo of your shows. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It's great that you have been vaccinated. I bet you enjoyed those winter walks with your bag. Happy March Patti. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tote does winter so beautifully Patti. What a crazy month for you. So glad that your mom weathered all of that and the future is looking brighter for her. Glad to hear you have your vaccinations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were able to get out with your tote for fresh air, it sounds like brighter days are ahead. Our totes can be a nice distraction from real life, and mine came after caring for my precious mom for three years. Glad to hear things are looking up after such a crazy time Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last year was kind of a blur of not so happy things! Want to say thank you for your part in the MacKenzie Child tea towel giveaway. It arrived and I love it! Here is to better things in 2021. Barbara Williams

    ReplyDelete