Friday, February 19, 2021

Some easy dinner recipes I have tried lately....

Chicken-Stuffing Casserole

I found this recipe on the box of Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix.  It was easy, tasty and quick to make.  I altered the recipe a bit by adding cooked turkey breast, spicy seasonings and fresh basil.  I will make it again!




*************************



This is a quick and easy lunch or dinner to prepare.

  
This recipe serves two but can be doubled or tripled easily:


Chicken Parmesan Pockets
1 boneless chicken breast (diced)
1T olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 c mozzarella cheese and (2 T set aside)
3/4 c spaghetti sauce

Preheat oven to 375'. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Saute chicken in oil and cook 6-8 minutes, adding chopped garlic clove during last 2 minutes. Reduce heat and add sauce to chicken, stir until sauce is heated through.  Remove from heat.

Working on the parchment paper, separate crescent dough into 2 long rectangles and press together seams and flatten.  Spread 1/2 the chicken on 1/2 of the dough of one long rectangle and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella.  Repeat with the other rectangle.  Fold the dough over the chicken and seal the edges.  Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of dough.

Bake for 14-17 min until golden brown.


This is also a perfect way to use up leftover chicken or turkey!!




********************************

This was something I just threw in a pot and it was delish!  I love soups and never follow a recipe!



******************************

We like to have pizza now and then so I made some mini pizzas with Grands Biscuits:


I just flattened each biscuit, spread on some pizza sauce, peppers, onions and pepperoni and then covered with Mozzarella Cheese:


They were delish!


I tried a new Chili recipe....It was pretty good!





************************

Do any of these sound appetizing to you?


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. They do - and I made a zucchini stuffing recipe from you a couple of weeks ago that was also good - I placed thin sliced lemon pepper chicken on top before baking. Yum, yum. And I do the same thing with soup - its so versatile to make. I'll have to check out the chili recipe - we like ours with Fritos and cheese. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good recipe ideas for all this cold weather we are having. Your soup and chili would be perfect today and I'll remember the biscuit pizza for another day. Happy Saturday.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stuffing casseroles, and the chicken pockets sound great! I've never made biscuit pizzas, I need to try that, thanks Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try the mini pizzas. I think everyone would like them! The stuffing casserole sounds good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipes Patti, need to try them. Thanks for the ideas! xoxo
    Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete