Tuesday, July 7, 2020

A new way of entertaining....


We have to think a little differently lately when entertaining....


....the groups are smaller...


...and we try to serve foods that prevent guests from using their hands to handle food...


...I have used more paper goods ...


 Sophistiplate is one of my favorite sites to buy paper goods like plates, napkins, cake cups and straws!

For this small gathering I chose 3 of my favorite cheeses...


...and crackers...


...and breadsticks, served in paper bags!


The drinks were simple cocktails and we all kept our distant!


And the best part, clean-up was quick and easy!

Has your style of entertaining changed lately?

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Great way to entertain during these difficult times. I love the paper goods, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your paper product display is elevated when on that beautiful tray! Thanks for the website!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't entertained anyone but family yet. The one exception was getting takeout with another couple and distancing outside on the porch to eat it. That worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you -- more paper. Fewer people. We had one dinner with another couple -- sitting at another table ten feet away. They brought their food, we had ours... I have a feeling it will be like this for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks beautiful, Patti. I think this is the future of entertaining.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea using paper products now. Thanks for the site, I need to look at their products..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t even remember the definition of entertaining ��������....it’s been so long. And I’m so sad about it. I miss my friends. I miss the planning and I miss the cooking....sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those paper products are really cute! I am going to miss the daily food samples at Trader Joe's {it was often my breakfast or lunch!} Yes, entertaining will be forever redefined I'm afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti, you have such a beautiful touch! I'd like to come enjoy a snack and a cocktail at your house! Those paper products are just darling. You think of everything!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete