Sunday, May 3, 2020

Bruschetta Meatloaf....

I cut out a recipe from a magazine for meatloaf a few months ago and finally got around to making it this weekend. I had 3 "guinea pigs" to test it and let me know what they thought and everyone loved it!

The recipe was simple however I did alter it a bit:

1 box Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1/3 pkt dry Lipton onion soup mix
1/2 cup shredded Italian Five Cheese Blend


Mix the dry stuffing mix with the can of tomatoes (do not drain).  Divide this mixture in half.  Mix one half with the ground beef, onion soup mix and egg and set the other half aside.

Gently press the ground beef mixture in a pie plate (or 8" sq baking dish).  Top with the reserved stuffing and tomato mixture. (see photo below)



Bake  at 375° for 45 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.


This was quite different from my traditional meatloaf that I have made for years, but everyone enjoyed it, so I will definitely make it again!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum, we love meatloaf and bruschetta so I'm sure this would be a hit here. Sounds delicious.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thuis is similar to a recipe AI used to make - found it in the Food and Family magazine, I think by Kraft. It looks really good so maybe I will try it again too!

    ReplyDelete