Saturday, May 2, 2020

FROSE.....


It was so windy the other day that when I was walking to the gym I got blown into the Wine Store, so I bought a bottle of Rosé!

When we were in Seattle a few years ago, we visited the Chateau St Michelle Winery so I chose a bottle of their Rose.

With strawberry season approaching, I decided to make a batch of Frosé to keep in my freezer for when I wanted a nice refreshing drink on a warm spring day!

All you need is 4-6 strawberries to flavor this frozen drink!



To make the Simple Syrup:
In a saucepan, heat and dissolve 1/4 c sugar in a 1/4 c water.  Remove from heat and add 4-6 cut up strawberries and let sit for 30 minutes.  Strain the syrup through a sieve into a bowl and add 1 oz lemon juice. Toss the berries.


Mix the rosé and simple syrup into a plastic bowl or pitcher and freeze.  

You can serve this in any glass with a spoon and/or straw:





 The color of the Frosé will vary depending on the color of the Rosé and amount of strawberries you add.  I have figured out that I like using 6 strawberries, rather than 4, it brightens the color and makes it sweeter!

If you haven't tried this yet, make up a batch!



A little info on Rose:

 Rosé wines are made from a wide variety of grapes and can be found all around the globe. When rosé wine is the primary product, it is produced with the skin contact method. Black-skinned grapes are crushed and the skins are allowed to remain in contact with the juice for a short period, typically two to twenty hours.


Have a Rosé Day!!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful. When our Cork Poppers wine tasting group can finally resume our gatherings, I might offer this as a "starter." We're hoping that with enough TV tables spread far apart on the patio, careful distancing and hopefully masks, we can meet in mid or late June and this would be a wonderful welcome drink before we get into the rest of the tasting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up. This looks really good. You have so many great entertaining ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chateau St Michelle is a favorite winer of ours, and we too have visited their beautiful estate. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so funny Pattie! This recipe sounds so good, wish I had one now. Pretty presentations........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great cocktail Patti. Loving fresh strawberries. Great entertaining style and of course the presentation is tops. Happy to feature you at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete