Thursday, November 14, 2019

Red Pepper Jelly....





We love Harry and David's Sweet Pepper Jelly mixed with cream cheese and served as a spread with crackers - I make it every time we entertain a crowd and it goes quickly!  



Here is a recipe for Red Pepper Jelly that is just as tasty when mixed together with cream cheese:

  RED PEPPER JELLY

1 1/2 C finely chopped red pepper (1 large)
1/2 C finely chopped green pepper
2T finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1/2 C Apple Cider vinegar
6 T SURE-JELL powdered pectin 
2 1/2 C sugar


I sterilized 5 jars that were about 20 oz total ( I save odd jars for this purpose) and kept them filled with hot water until needed.  Add the peppers, SURE-JELL and vinegar into a large saucepan and bring to a rolling boil, stirring.  Add sugar and return to a rolling boil for about 2 minutes, stirring.  Remove from heat and pour into jars.  When cool refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. 


I mix about 4-5 oz of jelly to 8 oz cream cheese and blend with an electric mixer and serve with crispy crackers!


This is a perfect little hostess gift with a package of cream cheese and a cute spreader knife!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. I love pepper jelly but have never made it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete