Thursday, October 10, 2019

Ten on the 10th - Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Muffins



The Ten on the 10th theme this month was 

"Pumpkins" 


I have made pumpkins, sewed pumpkins and painted pumpkins....



...so coming up with a new idea was a challenge for me!

I decided to make Pumpkin Muffins - something I don't think I have ever made before.  I love quick breads and muffins,  but I usually favor banana breads and zucchini breads.

I found this recipe online and decided to add a little bit of chocolate to the recipe - these are DELISH:

Pumpkin Muffins - with Chocolate Chips!

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 C sugar
1 can, 15 Oz Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 C canola oil
3 C flour
2t baking soda
1t baking powder
1T pumpkin spice
1t salt
2 C chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400°.  Place 24 paper liners in muffin tins.  In a large bowl beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.  In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, flour, spice and salt.  Add flour mixture slowly to wet mixture and mix by hand.  Fold in all but 1/4 c chocolate chips.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.   Bake for 20+ minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.

I can never wait for anything to cool - these were so tasty with a bit of melted butter:


24 muffins were made for less than $10 !!


Visit my friendly bloggers to see how they spent their $10 on their "pumpkin" ideas:







Thanks for stopping by!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Pumpkin and chocolate? How can you go wrong? These sound delicious, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I have family coming in this weekend and I plan on making these. I can't wait. Plus, the way you styled them is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be making these for sure. We have company coming in this weekend. You shared this just in time. I am pinning to go get all the ingredients to make. They look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious!! One of the best parts of the season is yummy pumpkin goodies and even better with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pumpkin muffins look so good. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious and I love your pretty vignette. It's pumpkin time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, love pumpkin muffins for the fall. Yummy and pumpkin is good for you! Baking and cooking isn’t hard and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete