Friday, June 7, 2019

Have you heard of Pumpernickel And Rye Spice Blends?

I recently received a gift package of 4 spice blends from Pumpernickel and Rye and was challenged to come up with a few ways to use these flavors:


The Garlic Herb blend was the first I tried and the blend of_______________________

I sauteed a tablespoon of the seasoning in a tablespoon of EVOO and butter:


...salt and peppered some potato slices....


...and fried them up!


They were delish!!






**********************

I eat zucchini all year long and one of my favorite ways to serve it is "spiraling it" with my spiralizer:



The spiralizer can create "ribbons":


I marinated a one tablespoon of Tuscan Spice blend in 2 T oil for an hour:


and poured it over the "ribbons" and let sit for 1/2 hour:


I microwaved the zucchini for1 minute and tossed it a bit and then microwaved it for another minute and it was delish!!



Do you have a spiralizer?  I am looking for new ways to use mine!


***************

I love the flavors of chocolate and cinnamon together, so when I recently made brownies, I added a few teaspoons of Crumble Spice to the mix....


...and it added a nice flavor to the brownies!


YUM!



*************

The 4th spice I tried was





I am finding quite a few ways of using these blends, so I hope you will visit
and make a purchase!

Here are a few more ideas:


I am still experimenting with the blends and look forward to creating a few new recipes!

Just last night I tried "The Woods"  It has a nice blend with rosemary...


 ...and it was great on grilled chicken:


These blends are so versatile and delish.  Hope you will stop by 
and try a few!


Thanks for stopping by!


Thanks to Pumpernickel and Rye for the delish blends - all opinions are my own!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these Patti so thanks for the heads-up. You've come up with delicious recipes for using these. I will definitely have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun to receive new seasonings to play with! Cute name for the company! Creative and easy recipes too, yum!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete