Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Anthropologie knock off basket challenge...and a blog hop....


A group of us were given a challenge by "Decorate and More with Tip" to create a knock-off version of this basket from Anthropologie:


I decided to make a "mini basket", and imitate the shape.


I pulled a vegetable can out of the recycle bin and found a roll of cording in my sewing stash....


 ...and simply glued the cording onto the can....


...and created handles, mimicking the challenge basket:


It is the perfect little basket to hold small plants...


...like this succulent, a gift from my daughter:


It could also hold candy, straws on a beverage bar, bread sticks on a charcuterie board, even pens on your desk!



The mini basket cost under $5 to create!

Visit these other creative women to see how they achieved the challenge:


Thanks for stopping by!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. Patti I am in love with your darling little basket. How cute the coloring is. I love the idea of adding succulents or any type of plants inside. It looks great. Happy Wednesday and Happy hopping! I had a lot of fun working on this project with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti I love you're cute little basket! How fun is that cording! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, this is too cute!! I love that cord and the can you chose is perfect for a planter! I have some leftover cord and plan on doing something similar to your project! I need some plant containers for the front porch! LOVE it!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having trouble commenting, so I switched to Safari just now. This is so adorable. Who but you would have had the cutest cording I have ever seen! I love popping the little plant in it. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find that cording? Love it! You are right, this is the perfect size for a succulent and am thinking how cute this would be in our RV once we give it a makeover. You know...just another project on the to-do list. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, you made this project look like child's play. Love that cording. That alone gave me inspiration for another DIY basket project. Just darling. Love how you made the handles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that’s just the cutest thing ever!! Cording is awesome...where’d ya find that??!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Patti, I love the cord you found! Fun challenge!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable Patti. Love the cording you used and the way it picks up color from the succulent.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Patti! Love all the color in the rope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very clever. I love the fabric. The succulents look great in the new basket. Thanks for correcting my crossed chopsticks. I learned something today.

    ReplyDelete