Sunday, December 9, 2018

Our Holiday Dining Room.....

Our dining room only has 2 walls and is open to the living room.  We rarely use this space but it is always fun to decorate.

A few years ago I painted this inexpensive gold tray and it sits on the table in the dining room.  It was the inspiration for my tree this year



I painted a few ornaments to match and tied some greenery picks to plaid bows:


Our 25 year old "pencil" tree  fits perfectly in the corner and I only had to move one chair!  I bought the large gold pinecones at the "Barn Sale" for only $5 ea this past summer!


The tray is simply decorated with a Santa, a large checked floral Mackenzie-Childs pick and some mercury glass lights:


I added lots of gold ornaments, some Parchment bows, and gold curly-Qs:





I wanted to "lighten up" the area a little more ....


...so I added a table runner to the side table and a table cloth....


...and the reversible table band I made a few years ago (original post HERE):


And this Santa greets all my guests!


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that table band you made is fabulous! Love the ornaments you painted and the tray. The tree looks wonderful and I like how you embellished the tray. Very pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful - I bet its even prettier at night with twinkling lights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I love the fresh look of all this. The table band is amazing. I admire your multiple skills. You are one talented gal! You have everything decorated perfectly. Now you can sit back and enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring downsized living, Patti! I love that look. That table cloth with reversible band is a favorite. The tree looks great in parchment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful Patti! I love the gold and white, it's so elegant! Your MKC knock off tray is fabulous!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete