Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tea Cup Chandelier

I  bought an inexpensive chandelier at the thrift shop the other day and took out all of the electrical wires and components


I primed it and painted it white:


Then I went on the hunt for 5 china tea cups and saucers and attached them to the metal plates on each arm with glue:


I thought this would be great as a bird feeder out in a garden OR in a sunroom with votive candles in each cup!


On my next trip to the thrift shop, I found a cheap gold wall sconce, as well as 3 pretty ceramic bowls.  A little spray paint and glue and this is what I came up with:


Again, this could hold candles or I can truly picture this nailed to a big 'ol tree, filled with bird seed!


Sharing these ideas with:
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different, Act Normal  
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Counting down the days to gardening season! I love the repurposed chandelier that can be used for a bird feeder. The wall sconce with the saucers is great for the birdies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds and I really like what you did with them. I am sure the birds will appreciate their treats.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas Patti. Love the teacup chandy.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever ideas, Patti. The chandelier would be fun hanging in a tree over a table for outdoor dining. Put in votives for a candlelight dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great repurpose for both these fixtures, Patti. Love Sarah's idea for the chandelier, but I could also see it being used for bird seed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooh, love the chandelier! What a beautiful way to feed the birds but I don't know if I'd want that beauty outside.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant ideas, Patti! The birds would be truly dining in style if you should put that 2nd one up on a tree! They might feel the need to don hats, gloves and dinner jackets! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Patti and I too have been wanting to do this!!!! Maybe this is my reminder to get off my behind to just make it happen huh? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete