Friday, July 26, 2013

The Local Auction in E. Syracuse, NY

 There is a local auction held on Tuesday nights in E Syracuse. 


 You can go into the auction hall during the day and preview the items that will be up for bid and you can even reserve a seat.


There have been times that Stickley Furniture has sold for under $50 and the other night a knife sold for over $400!  The excitement is that each night is so unpredictable!


It"s a fun night out with girlfriends and always surprising!  We meet for a quick dinner and then grab our "reserved seats"

Yvonne and Janine always find great treasures!


Debbie says "Joni, stop bidding against me":


I bought this old lamp base and hung my lantern from it - it was only $2:


The other night I bought an old mirror at the auction. 

I "shabbied" it up a bit with some white and gold paint....


....and gave it some "roughly painted" black stripes:


I love to rescue old pieces and I certainly think I have brought this one "back to life"!


It's looking for a new home - So, it is off to Shabby Chic Boutique!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. We have a good auction house here, but I haven't been in years. Afraid I'd bring things home and not have a place to put them. Ha!
    How nice that you have girlfriends who enjoy the same things you do. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to go to auctions you just have to control the urge to go a bit over board.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to an auction and I'm dying to! They just don't do stuff like that around here. =(

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete