Monday, July 22, 2013

A Busy Sunday With the Girls....13th Annual Mackenzie-Childs Barn Sale

The MacKenzie-Childs Barn sale was a fun time, as always.  I just love the view of Cayuga Lake from the property:


My favorite purchase of the day was this:


After we loaded our treasures in our cars it was time for lunch...


...right down the road at the Aurora Inn, also overlooking Cayuga Lake:


Janine, Cathy and I enjoyed berry and spinach salad and chicken cucumber salad on croissants:




Our next stop was the Lockwood Lavender Farm in Skaneateles, overlooking Skaneateles Lake:


They have a quaint gift shop, selling soaps, lotions, oils and lavender fudge sauce!  


We sampled ice cold lavender lemonade!


The lavender was in full bloom:



Hand painted lavender welcomed us:


Here we are again in the flower garden!


They were making lavender oil on the grounds:


This is the drying room, where the lavender is hung upside to dry:



We also spent time in the little shops in Skaneateles - The Paris Flea, my favorite shop, is moving to Fayetteville!  YAY!  
On the way home we stopped by Karen's Image Boutique in Marcellus (which used to be called "The Dump"), and had makeovers - she has the BEST Lipstick in her boutique!

It was a fun-filled day - the very best kind!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a very busy and fun-filled day....and the weather looked gorgeous!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and fragrant day you had with the girls! I can't wait to finish my blog post on my barn sale fun!! I am still catching up from vacation so I am a slow poke this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie looks like you girls had a fun day. Maybe this is better than working the sale. Ha! Can't wait to see what else is in those bags, and to see what Debbie found. I have to live vicariously! I would have loved the lavender farm. Thanks for sharing your fun day! ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete