Monday, November 9, 2009

Christmas Wrap Day 1


The Christmas holiday is on my mind (OK, it always is...) and I would like to post some wrapping ideas during the next week. Most of them can be made with brown paper bags (but you will be surpised - many do not know that's what they are!).

This paper bag is painted with Jacquard Lumiere paints. I love Lumiere paints because they leave a beautiful sheen on the paper - they are metallic colors and can be used on fabric, leather, paper and wood.

I used a make-up wedge to smear gold, green, pink and purple paints (you could use a brush, sea sponge or even your fingers). I began with the sides of the bag, and when they were dry, I painted the back and front and let the bag stand up to dry. It's as simple as that.

I have also used Lumiere to paint brown craft paper for larger pieces of wrap. Tomorrow I will post another quick idea for gift wrap.

I'm joining Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch....go over to see some other great transformations!

4 comments:

  1. That bag is really pretty. I will have to look around for those paints. Also, thanks for the tip on a glue for glass that dries clear. I soooo appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I would have never guessed that that started out as a brown paper bag...I love the metallic paints. Look forward to more wrapping ideas.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative and beautiful, I love how you can create our own design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your gifts are going to look spectacular this Christmas! Thanks for sharing this great idea.
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...