I began blogging in the spring to catalog photos of my new grandson, but somehow it developed into an outlet for me to journal, a place to share ideas and a new avenue for me to become inspired by others.
The rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award ask that I name 7 things about me that you may not know. So here they are:
1. I grew up in Massachusetts and moved from Cape Cod to NY when I fell in love. I have lived here for 30 years. I have been married for 29 years, have 2 daughters. One is an elementary teacher and lives in Ohio with her husband and my new adorable grandson. Daughter #2 is completing college and will earn a bachelor's degree in December - and hopefully become gainfully employed and independent soon after!
2. I love to SHOP. If I could shop all day long, I would be happy. I love this time of year, when the stores set up for Christmas, because it gives me a good reason browse around. I have always imagined having a penthouse apartment in the largest mall in the world!!
3. I am a middle school home and career skills teacher - YUUPPP, I work with adolescents, ALL DAY LONG! I see the look of pity on your face! I am eligible for retirement, but may try to work a few more years - I know, I have lost my mind.
4. I love to travel, especially on a cruise ship. I haven't been to many countries, but would love to cruise around the world in luxury!
5. One of my favorite places on earth is Cape Cod - especially the beach in spring - it can just cleanse the mind and bring about a peaceful feeling.
6. I pay attention to detail. I tend to see things that others do not see the first time around. These are the things that make a difference to me, that make a house a home or makes a person shine, things that give me pleasure - finding something unique that makes something or someone stand out among the rest.
7. I love to create...I have always been clever when it comes to sewing and crafts. I enjoy cooking, BUT I HATE TO GARDEN! YUP....I hate dirt, hate worms, hate bugs...YUK...but I love a beautiful garden and fresh veggies...
Because these blogs have given me so much inspiration and enjoyment, I nominate the following to receive the Kreativ Blogger award:
Emily @ Not So Idle Hands
Kim @ Twice Remembered
Phyllis @ Around the House
Artie @ Color Outside the Lines
Rett @ The Gazebo House
Keelie @ Red Writing
Miss Mustard Seed
So, grab the button at the top of my post and share a bit about yourself.
And here are the "official" rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award:1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Blogs.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.