Saturday, August 20, 2016

It always works out in the end....I just needed a little patience!

I painted this drop leaf end table specifically to go into a customer's room.  When I sealed the top, it crackled, turned yellowish, some paint lifted and it was a mess.  The rest of the table was fine.  

I swore a bit, teared up and then put on my "big girl panties" and sanded the top.  I decided to make a little change to it...


I painted the top green, rather than cream, and painted similar stripes...


...and the MacKenzie-Childs Parchment knobs couldn't be any cuter!

As much as I hate to "start over" on a project, this was well worth it!

Sharing with The Dedicated House


9 comments:

  1. It is lovely . . . such a pretty job, I'm sure that your clients were very happy with their table :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out, Patti! I admire your gumption too. I may have cussed and given up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cussing works! It looks wonderful. Love the minty green and blue combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this table, Patti! Well worth the effort! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh w ow, what a flip that was. I love the green, I am going through a green phase myself. It must be nature calling to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out even prettier, Patti! I know your customer is thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, The extra effort was well worth it! I love the green version and I'm sure your client must have love it too. Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...