Saturday, August 20, 2016

It always works out in the end....I just needed a little patience!

I painted this drop leaf end table specifically to go into a customer's room.  When I sealed the top, it crackled, turned yellowish, some paint lifted and it was a mess.  The rest of the table was fine.  

I swore a bit, teared up and then put on my "big girl panties" and sanded the top.  I decided to make a little change to it...


I painted the top green, rather than cream, and painted similar stripes...


...and the MacKenzie-Childs Parchment knobs couldn't be any cuter!

As much as I hate to "start over" on a project, this was well worth it!

Sharing with The Dedicated House


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. It is lovely . . . such a pretty job, I'm sure that your clients were very happy with their table :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out, Patti! I admire your gumption too. I may have cussed and given up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cussing works! It looks wonderful. Love the minty green and blue combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this table, Patti! Well worth the effort! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh w ow, what a flip that was. I love the green, I am going through a green phase myself. It must be nature calling to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out even prettier, Patti! I know your customer is thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so beautiful ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, The extra effort was well worth it! I love the green version and I'm sure your client must have love it too. Linda

    ReplyDelete