Thursday, November 11, 2010

Coffee Bags

The other day I went to kitchen supply store and bought 2 coffee bags for $2.50 ea. And then I remembered that each morning I pass the Kind Coffee Shop on the way to school. It is in the seedy part of the city, and I don't drink coffee, so I never paid much attention to it - until today.
I parked in the parking lot, making sure to lock my car, and opened the large metal door on the old brick building, on the side of the building that is spray painted with the words "coffee" (similar to a gang's spray paint tag)...The inside was of no surprise to me: an old ratty couch, old chippy chairs, an odd assortment of items and paintings on the walls, strange items everywhere.
Surprisingly, the owner of the Kind Coffee Shop was one of those sweet guys who just makes you smile. A warm voice, a happy attitude and an interst in what I was looking for. After a little chat, including me sharing with him that I do not drink coffee, he GAVE me two coffee bags!
So here are my 4 coffee bags and for some strange reason, the cat loves them. She was rolling around on top, stretching, scratching and yelping like a puppy - what's that all about?
So I was unable to get a photo of the bags without her...but she is the star of the show around here, the queen of the castle, the cat that can sense a photo op!
So, I have these bags and I am on the hunt for a chair to cover...and a frame for some of the words....any other ideas out there?

Joining TT at Tales from Bloggeritaville
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. What a cute kitty! Guess she needed a caffeine fix? I am so popping by a coffee place near us! I keep reading how they generously giveaway coffee sacks and I want in!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is adorable.

    Free is great! There are so many things you can do with these. I have done a few different things with mine recently; chair slipcover, ottoman slip cover, wrapped cardboard box to create storage bins, made Christmas stockings...anyway, you get the idea.

    I'm looking forward to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those coffee bags. That is going to look great when you are finished.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy kitty cat! :-) I love the coffee bags. I want to see if the coffe place by me would consider giving me/selling me one. I'd love to see if I could make it into a beach bag, but not sure about sewing the material.

    ReplyDelete