Sunday, November 28, 2010

The 4 Wise Men

This is a funny story: About 8 years ago, when I was teaching high school, a special education student, Yomil, gave me this small gift. He spent his own money on it at the Dollar General store and wrapped it in tissue paper. When I opened it, he exclaimed "Look Mrs P, it's the baby Jesus and the 4 Wise Men"!!!
Each Christmas I pull it out and call my friend Joni to tell her that the "4 Wise Men" are on display again!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet story. Makes me think of a few nativity stories of my own - - -

    1) When I was in elementary school, someone gave me a small plastic nativity during a Christmas gift exchange. For YEARS it was the only one our little growing family had. Evidently, when we purchased a "finer" model I must have, in a very foolish moment, thrown out that little plastic one that served us so well for more than 20 years. A couple of Chrismasses ago, my oldest daughter said, "Mom, where is that little plastic nativity? I miss it." Alas, I could not find it so I must have discarded it. More's the pity.

    2) I have been given gifts of small nativities similar to this by students over the years. When I moved out of my class room, knowing I was probably finished teaching in my own room FOREVER, I had to make decisions about what to keep and what to give away. I can't remember what I did with those little school nativities - - - now at this moment, I hope I kept some of them and that when I open my boxes of Christmas decorations I will find some. When/if I do, I shall think of this post and you and I shall smile - - -

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice story...Christmas seems full of these wonderful memories, I have several things that I put out each year - just to recall a special person or time.(-:

    ReplyDelete