Saturday, January 16, 2010

The pattern repeats itself...

Aren't these just adorable?

These are the Lefton Dainty Miss teapot, sugar and creamer. I do not have a lot of vintage items but these are just too cute to get rid of. They were hidden in the back of a top corner kitchen cupboard in my father's home for about 40 years. When I came across them I wondered why they were never used. Ironically they are now in the top cupboard in my kitchen...I don't have a "vintage home" nor a place to display them, but when I open the cupboard door, they always make me smile!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patti ~
    Those are vintage and they do make you smile ! So neat that they have been in your family for such a long time !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti,
    Those are too cute! They really do make you smile with their cheery faces.
    They are a great family treasure!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very vintage! Although, I am not going to lie, they scare me a little! The eyes look like they might follow you when you walk across a room. (I feel the same way about a lot of clown stuff too - so I am probably just weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti,
    These are adorable, I have never seen these before. I am not sure what the trick to bending silverware is, maybe the type you use. Foe the curtain holdback I just bent it with my hands. Other times I have used needle nosed pliers wrapped in tape (so they don't leave marks on the metal).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness what a darling treasure these are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable!!! I'm so glad you "let them out of the closet."

    Hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would smile if I opened my cupboard to find these, too. :-) Love them!!

    ReplyDelete