Saturday, January 2, 2010

Leftover Candy Canes...


What can I do with a gazillion left over candy canes? I have leftover peppermint bark, so that's out. I've eaten enough peppermint cheesecake to add a few pounds on my already "fluffy body". I have dipped them in chocolate and packaged them in pretty cellophane bags and everyone I know got a bag. AND I STILL HAVE SOME LEFT! I hate to throw them away....so any bright ideas out there?
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. Stand on a street corner and pawn them off on totally unsuspecting strangers. This may be easier if you do the chocolate dip to them first.

    I know - - - I'm not very helpful!

    What do you expect from a girl who never eats cereal????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Peppermint Patti,
    Wow...I wish I could help you out with your peppermint problem. It sounds like you crushed, diced, dipped, pureed..well, just about everything you could think of to those poor peppermints. What's the shelf life of a peppermint? Valentine's Day is a little over a month away! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a bunch as well. The kids like to stir hot chocolate with them. My 6 yr old asked us to make candy cane pancakes-they weren't bad (says he).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Patti...here I thought you were going to post the answer on what to do with them, not ask what to do with them. LOL! I came to your blog for your help since you always have good ideas! :)
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smash them up and add them to Hot chocolate, iced cupcakes, coffee, icecream.
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, yes! I just popped in over from your Met Monday post to see your cd jewelry tutorial, and the candy cane title in your archives caught my eye because wouldnt you know my Met Monday post is about using leftover candy canes. It may not be quite your style but might give you an idea or two?

    ReplyDelete