Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Minute Gift


Here's a quick idea for a last minute gift:
Buy an inexpensive jar with a flat lid (This one is a Libby jar). Remove the wire stem from a pick and glue it on the lid, adding some ribbon loops or bows - or take the pick apart and glue on pieces to create your own arrangement:
I used a glue gun to adhere:
Wrap a piece of ribbon around the side of the jar and add a loop or bow:


Add some homemade or store bought candy and DONE! It can be made as quickly as reading these directions!

Visit Leigh at Bloggeritaville to link to other Thrifty Thursday participants.
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. I like this idea. I want to give some treats to my neighbors and I'm quickly learning it's all about the presentation!! This looks like something I could tackle but I'm thinking it's going to take me a little longer than reading the directions :-)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, you come up with a clever new idea every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The topper reminds me of those Christmas corsages of yore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! The package is just as important as the gift (if not more so). Happy Holidays!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable!! Love it! Please visit and see my creation but don't leave without seeing the Grand Prize Give-A-Way: http://tesorofino.blogspot.com/2009/12/grand-prize-give-way-february-1st-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! I'd even stick some of that fabulous peanut brittle from your last post in the jars! :-)

    I saw the cutest jars in the shape of snowmen and santa at Pier 1 Imports. They were only $3 regular price, so I'm thinking of heading over the day after Christmas to see if they're half off (listen to me! I can hardly get to Christmas this year and I'm thinking about the day after...)

    ReplyDelete