Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Pineapple Delight


The pineapple is a symbol of welcome, warmth, friendship and hospitality.  The other day I welcomed three friends to an afternoon of "pineapple tastings".  I prepared a simple summer sangria, Fireball Pineapple Bites, and Pineapple Banana Bread.  


I brought my kitchen cart outdoors onto the back patio:


I made a simple Pineapple Summer Sangria, which was light and refreshing for a warm afternoon.


We noshed on Fireball Pineapple Bites and Pineapple Banana Bread.


I served the Pineapple Bites on little pineapple bowls and the bread on round pineapple dishes:


Last summer I grew Strawflowers and I used them to "pretty up" the bottom tray of the cart and the bread plate.  I am also growing them again this summer and they are perfect to use all year round as garnishes for food and drinks!


I stored ice in the "Wine Cooler" for our sangria:



Pineapple straws and stirrers kept in harmony with the theme:



After everyone left, I finished off the sangria, adding a little OJ to it!


All of the recipes are below.  It was a fun way to spend an hour or two catching up with friends.  CHEERS!




RECIPES:
Fireball Pineapple
Drain a can of Pineapple chunks and soak in 1/4 cup Fireball whiskey overnight.  Roll chunks in brown sugar and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.  Serve with toothpicks.

Pineapple Summer Sangria
1 1/2 bottles Pinot Grigio
1 c Malibu Coconut Rum
1 1/2 c chopped pineapple
1/2 c Maraschino Cherries
Mix all together in a pitcher and serve over ice.  Garnish with pineapple wedge

Pineapple Banana Bread

20 ounces crushed pineapple canned, drained and ¼ cup juice saved

¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup oil
2 large eggs beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour 
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • Preheat the oven to 350° Grease two loaf pans with baking spray
  • Drain pineapple in a colander over a bowl to catch the juice. Use a spoon to move pineapple around, lightly pressing to get as much juice out as you can without completely flattening the pineapple. Reserve ¼ cup of juice. Let the pineapple sit in the colander while mixing the other ingredients so additional juice drips into the bowl.
  • In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix these wet ingredients together until smooth.
  • Measure 1/4 cup of pineapple juice drained from the pineapple. Add mashed bananas, pineapple, 1/4 cup of pineapple juice and milk to the wet ingredients and mix together well.
  • In a second medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix the dry ingredients together until blended.
  • Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well until the dry ingredients are fully combined into the wet ingredients.
  • Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean when poked with a toothpick.
  • Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing the loaves from the pan.  Cool loaf  on a cooling rack. Then slice and enjoy!
Rita from Panoply is hosting this Tablescape Hop and the other participants are listed below.  Hop around and see how they are entertaining this summer


Hyacinths for the Soul - Summer Whimsy Tablescape
Home is Where the Boat Is - Stars and Stripes Alfresco Tablescape
Life and Linda - A Margaritaville Party
The Cat's Whiskerz - A Tropical Tablescape for Summer
The Little Yellow Corner Store - A Fourth of July Tablescape - A Star Performance
Pandora's Box - Pineapple Delight You are here
Thrifting Wonderland - Morning Tea in the Garden
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Summer Road Trip
The Painted Apron - Summer Sea Shells
Red Cottage Chronicles - Summer Afternoon Tea Party Ideas
Celebrating Everyday Life - Simple Homespun Patriotic Table Decor




I LOVE my Kitchen Cart, you can find it here:            MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Kitchen Cart:

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

19 comments:

  1. Patti, your pineapple themed-table is just adorable! I love the inspirational saying you included as well as the recipes--YUM! I'll take a slice of banana pineapple bread with my sangria, please! Pinned! Blessings, Cecilia @ My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun Patti! I love all your cute pineapple things, especially the straws! You've mixed everything together perfectly to blend in with your pineapple theme. Such a delightful way to spend time with friends, with cocktails and delicious bites! Your kitchen cart looks so nice on the palm leaf rug, it's all adorable! A perfect way to celebrate summer!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. I love the pineapple theme, especially how you implemented it on your MacKenzie-Childs bar cart. The plates are so cute, too! The Fireball pineapple sounds yummy, and I know your friends enjoyed your pineapple-themed drinks and treats. I hope you're having a very Happy Summer so far! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti what a lovely way to spend an afternoon. Pineapple is a favorite of mine and I just happen to have two fresh pineapples sitting on my counter as I type this. I plan to hollow them out and serve tropical fruit on the pineapple halves! You have inspired me to go further with my pineapple with your wonderful sounding recipes. That Pineapple banana bread and pineapple sangria sound delicious and will be added to my recipe file. Of course another MKC piece...your bar cart is lovely. I'm sure you all had a great time. Enjoy your summer...it is going to be a hot one down here in SW Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, your pineapple theme is darling. I have hosted a few pineapples lunches. I think I have those plates too. The pineapple fireball. bites sound wonderful and so tropical. I do enjoy a pineapple cocktail too. Thank you for the recipe. Love your MKC bar cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pineapple theme is wonderful, Patti. I wish I had had your recipe for pineapple banana bread a few days ago for a twist on regular banana bread. I am definitely going to try it. Using the bar cart is such a great way to serve an outdoor party. Sangria sounds wonderfully refreshing. Thanks for sharing.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, your pineapple delight theme is perfect to welcome the summer season! The MKC bar cart looks so pretty on the patio. The pineapple banana bread looks delicious, I would enjoy a slice now. The pineapple bowls and plates are so cute. The strawflowers are a great addition to your table. It is always a treat to join you at the table. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, that cart is so cute! Your pineapple theme is totally party worthy for noshing! Such cute plates, and little tabletop skewers. And that sunflower towel is one of the best, I think, so absorbent. Your strawflowers are too cute - don't ever say you can't grow anything besides herbs - this is proof!
    I love your take on a summer tablescape. Thanks for bringing such fun ideas (and recipes!) to the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Patti, this is absolutely delightful. I love your pineapple theme! Those sweet pineapple appy plates are so cute, as are the napkins and those adorable straws. The MKC bar cart is so pretty and looks perfect on your patio. Your recipes all look delicious and it sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful time. It was lovely hopping with you and I hope you have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pineapple theme and menu! Your MKC bar cart makes for easy entertaining with your cute dishes, pitcher and glasses. I wish I had a slice of your bread with my morning coffee. Love the ‘be like a pineapple’ quote too! 👑🍍Happy to hop with you again, Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheers! That is the cutest theme and menu, and your banana bread sounds amazing. I hope you have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patti, What a beautiful and fun collection of pineapple decor. I know the pineapple always symbolizes hospitality and a welcoming warmth to anyone who visits, but I also love the pineapple because it reminds me of the retro days. The pineapple was always used to decorate and was used hollowed out and filled with many food items like shrimp salad back in the days. I love the taste of pineapple and the health benefits of it too. Your collection of pineapple plates, napkins and straws really make your cart pop with color and the recipes are a keeper for me. I can't wait to try them both. What a refreshing way to celebrate the pineapple! Happy Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patti, this looks like so much fun! Everything looks just beautiful, and you have inspired me to use a tea cart I have for entertaining outdoors. Yours looks so gorgeous styled for your party. The sangria and sweet bread sound scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipes! Happy summer! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patti, your cart is adorable! That courtly check stands looks fabulous with all the pineapple yellow and citrus green!! It all looks very refreshing for summer!! I hope you have a nice summer😎☀️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patti, looks perfect for a summer day. Your bar cart and all the yellow details add a sunny touch. I've never had pineapple banana bread, but I will try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Cheers to a wonderful summer ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your Pineapples Patti! Thank you for sharing the recipes too - they look delicious! I am fascinated by your strawflowers though! I am definitely going to hunt for some of those seeds. I love their color and size. So charming!!! I hope you have a wonderful summer. Thank you for sharing your warm and welcoming bar cart!! ~ Hugs ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh YUMMMM! I love pineapple - both the look and the taste, and I laughed out loud at your beginning quote - so perfect!! Your cart is just darling and you decorated it beautifully - I especially love the pineapple stirrers! And what a great menu! Thanks so much for the recipes - I can't wait to try them. Hope you have a lovely summer and more occasions to entertain with such flair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This indeed does sound like a wonderful way to spend an afternoon, reveling in all things pineapple! The colors and designs of the tableware are delightful and the nibbles and drinks sound tasty. I love the green cut-out placemats (felt?)! I've learned the pineapple is a traditional symbol of hospitality here in the South, beginning in the colonial period in Charleston, SC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bright and happy table for summer! I love the pineapple theme, and the recipes you have included! I love the dishes, but those pineapple straws are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete