Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Candy For Dinner



Rule #1:  Don't leave Nana and Papa in charge of the grandkids if you expect them to have a healthy meal.  

I promised the 2 y/o and 4 y/o that they could have "candy for dinner"!





The appetizer was a Huge Smile, apple slices with peanut butter and marshmallows:



For dinner I made them:
M&M Pancakes and Watermelon Lollipops


And what was for dessert?  More sugar!
Milky Way Cars


These were fun to make and I will make them again:



That might have been responsible for the after dinner wrestling match with Papa:


Rule #2:  Nana came to the rescue and let them use their iPads!


A few weeks later, when the boys were at our house, Pedro wanted to make more cars.....




We love to play with our food!


This MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Small Oval Platter  is perfect for serving treats!



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! They will look back and remember all those fun times. Some of my grands are older now and talk about the fun they had at my house when they were little. They loved/remember my Three Bears Cereal we had every morning when they stayed over...and my 'octopus' on the rocks (hot dogs split so they had legs sitting on a mound of shell mac and cheese surrounded by seaweed or spinach. Makes me smile to think about your kiddos there! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, what fun for your boys. You are the best Gran!!! I loved this post and hopefully it will inspire others to make every little thing special for their little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! Going to make the cars with my 2-1/2 y.o. granddaughter this weekend! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh how cute are those little grands. The cars are just adorable. Have a great week. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, I bet they LOVE coming to your house!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete