Saturday, July 22, 2023

Do It Over Designers - Glassware

Our task this month in the Do It Over Designers group, hosted by Ann of Apple Street Cottage, was to create something with glass.


Read on to see what I painted.....
I was asked to donate a gift basket for a fundraiser, so I decided to paint a few glasses and cocktail napkins. 
 
The theme of the basket was "Drinkin' Rum and Coca Cola"

I purchased a box of cocktail glasses from our local dollar store and painted them with a few stripes and flowers....


...and a few white polka dots:


These are my favorite paints to use on glass:


They were baked in the oven according to the directions on the paint bottles - this prevents the paint from wearing off and/or chipping.  They are now "hand wash only".

I used acrylic paints on the cocktail napkins and painted a simple flower to coordinate.  Acrylic paint will not wash out when they are washed:


These went into a large tin with a bottle of rum and cans of Coke!






Another glass I painted at the same time was just for me - it was an odd glass in my cabinet that I rarely used - now it's a favorite!


This stemless wine glass I painted last year and it's also a favorite of mine!


These wine glasses were painted a while back:



Stop by to see what these bloggers created with GLASS:







Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. You are very talented. I love the flowers, they're so pretty. I've never painted on glass and baked it before. I need to try that trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your glasses are beautiful, Patti. I took a painting class years ago but never kept up with it. Looking at your work, I now wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, as I've said before, you should have been one of the artists at MacKenzie-Childs! All of your painted glassware are simply gorgeous! But there is nothing simple about these. They are absolutely amazing! The colors and detail! You go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift and your glasses are adorable!!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your glasses are gorgeous! I did some tole painting back in the 90s but mostly on wood items. I just might have to pick it up again. I've never baked glass, and frankly I find the whole idea a bit scary. But your glasses are so amazing it makes me what to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all just beautiful and I love your style of painting - you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An awesome gift for the fundraiser! Lovely collection of glasses and napkins...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Shades of Mackenzie Childs. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those glasses are the cutest. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very talented and your flower style is very pretty. I had no idea you could use just regular paint and bake it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with your painted glasses!! You put my painted glass vases to shame. I'm still learning. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete