Friday, March 10, 2023

The Return of the Christmas/Easter Cactus

Our Christmas/Easter Cactus is in bloom once again, which is somewhat common due to the lack of daylight we get in CNY in the winter.

Each year the blooms are larger and prettier than the previous year:


This graphic shows the different varieties of plants, and ours looks like an Easter Cactus to me, but the family differs:



This is an offspring of a family plant, once John's aunt, then his sister got a cutting.  and then she gave us a cutting a few years back:


Soon it may need to be repotted again:


But for now we will just enjoy the pretty pink flowers!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Your cactus is lovely and looks to be the same color as one I have. How nice you have the cutting from family, that makes it so much more special. Thanks for sharing the graphic of the different varieties. Mine does not bloom for Easter :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine blooms Xmas and thanksgiving but doesn’t look to bloom for Easter 🐣 but it’s got a 100 new green shoots on it. May get too much light. Aren’t they supposed to spend some time in darkness????

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me jmac up there 👆🏻! Blogger making me mad 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree ... it's an Easter cactus!! Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those big pink blooms gorgeous? Hi there Patti-- very glad to meetcha! Thanks for stopping by to my blog!-- hope you come by lots! Is it still cold/snowy your way? It's warm and pretty here today-- headed out to plant cannas and purple petunias and two geraniums we just picked up this week. .....debbi from debbisfrontporch-- not anonymous!-- ha ha LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is gorgeous and so healthy. I had one a few years ago and it's a fun plant to watch. Healthy to have plants in our homes too!

    ReplyDelete