Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Monkey Muffins


This is a take-off of the original Monkey Bread.  There are only two of us, so I needed to make a small amount as a side to pasta.  I gathered my supplies:

Instead of Monkey Bread, I made Monkey Muffins!


The quartered biscuits, mozzarella and cut pepperoni goes into a bowl; and the melted butter, parsley and garlic powder is in a smaller bowl.


3-4 biscuit pieces are placed into one of 6 greased muffin cups.


They are baked at 375° for 15-20 minutes.


The origin of the term "monkey bread" comes from the pastry being a finger food; the consumer would pick apart the bread as a monkey would.



RECIPE:

1 pkg 5 Grand Biscuits
10 slices of pepperoni, each cut into 6 pieces
1/2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 T melted butter
1/2 t garlic powder
1T chopped fresh parsley

Lightly grease 6 muffin cups.  Cut each biscuit into 4 and place into a bowl.  Add mozzarella cheese and cut pepperoni pieces and gently mix with hands.  Melt butter and add garlic powder and parsley and stir.  Pour over biscuits and gently toss with hands.  Place 3-4 pieces in each muffin cup and bake at 375° for 15 minutes.  Best served immediately

These were perfect as a side with a pasta dinner:




I love my Royal Check dishes - you can find them here:

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. I have always seen the monkey bread as sweet I think I would like this much better.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These monkey muffins look and sound so good and perfect with pasta. Thanks for the recipe to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the monkey muffins they look delish. Your pasta looks pretty good too. Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. These monkey muffins look and perfect with pasta. Thanks for the recipe to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious, I like how you serve with a pasta dish...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute muffins for easy eating. I have always enjoyed monkey bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made Ranch Monkey Muffins with bacon, ranch and cheddar that were really good, I've got to try your pepperoni version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Like the commenter above, I am more a fan of savory rather than sweet, so these are right up my alley. Plus, they look so easy! Pattie @ Olla-Podrida

    ReplyDelete