Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Tomato and Zucchini Galette

Tomato Zucchini Galette


I picked up some tomatoes at the local farm stand and made a galette:



Galettes are so simple to make:  

I sliced about 4 Roma tomatoes and set them out to dry for an hour...


...and sautéed 1/2 zucchini in garlic, butter and some red pepper flakes


...then grated some vegetable cheddar cheese, mixed it with Parmesan-Regianno cheese, salt and garlic pepper and some "CNY blend" seasoning from Hey Rose ...


...I set aside about 1/4 c bread crumbs...


...pulled out my Silpat - or you could use parchment paper.


I spread breadcrumbs on a prepared pie crust, saving about 1 T, leaving about 1 1/2" of pie crust empty...


...and layered 1/2 the tomatoes on top of crumbs and topped with a little cheese mixture...


...layered the zucchini and the rest of the bread crumbs...


and then added the rest of the tomatoes, topping with the rest of the cheeses.   I wrapped up the pie crust all around the outside edges and brush with a little melted butter.


I  baked it for 1/2 hr at 375',  and cut some fresh basil from the herb garden...


...and sprinkled ribbons of basil on top when it came out of oven!


I used the pizza cutter to cut it into 6 wedges and we really enjoyed it!!  YUM!





Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Your galette looks delicious Patti. I also like how easily it comes together. This is a great hot summertime dish...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious, Patti, and perfect for all the fresh produce we have now!

    ReplyDelete