Saturday, December 11, 2021

Clay Charms for Gift Packages....

Sculpey clay is always fun to play with, and for under $2.50 it is a reasonably priced way to make a few button charms or ornaments!



The clay has to be kneaded and rolled out.  I rolled to about 1/4" thickness and cut out stars, hearts and little trees....


....make sure you don't forget to add holes before baking!


These are going to be button charms for packages:


I baked the clay according to the directions on the package.

One package made this many: 


Once cooled, I gave each a little dusting of glitter spray:


Wrap the ribbon around a package and through the holes.....


...tie a knot....


...and then a bow!



It's as simple as that!


Gold elastic cording works well, too: 



You can also use pie crust cutters to make charms or ornaments:


If you roll and cut a long strip of clay....


...and fold and twist it into a flower, similar to how one would make ribbon roses:


and after baking you can brush a little paint to add some depth and color:


It's a cute way to pretty up a package:


Making these with Polymer Clay is a fun and easy craft for all ages!




Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. Patti, what a brilliant idea, and I love what you did with the glitter and the M-C wrapping paper. The star looks great on the little package! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet little charms. i love the snowflake. I am happy to feature your clay charms at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, I LOVE this idea!!! I’m thinking of all kinds of possibilities for other holidays, too. Thank you!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete