Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmases Past

When I think of Christmases past, my mind is filled with images from my childhood home.




 

Christmas trees decorated with tinsel, the anticipation of opening my gifts, the family dinners with china, crystal and silver table settings, and especially the orange candle in my bedroom window that was left on every night after Dec 7th.  My parents danced in the kitchen, my dad made oatmeal cookies, relative would come and go and the house was always warm and cozy.  The feeling is an anguish that simmers under the surface, not a sadness but a feeling of nostalgia, of times lost that I will never get back.   It can bring tears to my eyes.  I have moments when there is such an ache in my heart and I wonder if everyone feels this way.



But this year our home will be filled with our two daughters, their husbands and our 4 grandsons, so we will get to see the joy in their eyes as they open gifts from Santa and presents from us.  We will create those memories for them, share traditions, play games, eat and drink, laugh and reminisce.



I wish you a wonderful holiday filled with joy and happiness, faith and hope for a wonderful 2022 with pure delight everyday forward!





Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet Patti, love seeing your precious photos from the past. Your house looks so lovely. How special to have your family with you on Christmas. Lots of new memories will be made. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks beautiful for Christmas, Patti! I hope you have a happy and blessed Christmas with your family!
    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete