Wednesday, December 15, 2021

An Easy Happy Hour Finger Sandwich....

This is an easy and quick sandwich to make for lunch or an appetizer for an afternoon Happy Hour!


There are many varieties of this sandwich but this is my favorite way to prepare it...


Ingredients 

3/4 lb ham
6-8 slices swiss cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 c butter
1T Dijon mustard
2 t celery seed
2 t Italian seasoning
2 t Worcestershire Sauce
1 minced garlic clove
2 t dried parsley
1 package of small sweet Hawaiian rolls (12)

Directions
Cut the rolls horizontally so that you have tops and bottoms.  In a lightly greased 9x13 pan, place the bottom rolls.   Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the bread, place the ham slices over cheese and top with Swiss cheese.  Place the dinner roll tops on.  Mix together butter, mustard, celery see, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and parsley and in a sauce pan or microwave, heat until butter is melted, stir well.  Pour this mixture over the top of rolls.  
At this point you can either bake or refrigerate overnight.
Bake @ 350° for 20 minutes, covered with foil.  Uncover and bake for 5-10 more minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers



They are perfect little "hand sandwich" for our holiday happy hours....


...I have the tray all set for four of us for our little Happy Hour of wine, fruit and sandwiches:







Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. I've made these before and they are delicious! They're also a fun thing to take to an appetizer pot luck (like we have for Cork Poppers) where you might want something a little more substantial after all that wine but still good finger food. I love them because you can make them ahead of time or, if you use a larger pan, easily double the recipe for a crowd. I don't know if my recipe has the celery seed; I'll have to try it! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jeanie, I've made these as well. The combination of herbs you use are different, I'm sure they are delicious! Such an easy delicious way to make and serve a snack or lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look quite tasty, and I bet they are. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are sooooo good! I've made similar, and they are my kind of finger food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making these for Christmas Eve dinner, served with creamy tomato soup, chips, and a relish tray. YUM.

    ReplyDelete