Tuesday, November 30, 2021

BBQ Dump Chicken

I love a meal that I can pull out of the freezer, put it in the crock pot and let it cook all day.  This BBQ Chicken is delish and so is our favorite, local BBQ Sauce, from Dinosaur Bar-B-Que:


All of the ingredients are put into a large zip bag as soon as John brings home the groceries (yep, he is the shopper!) and then placed in the freezer.  I take it out of freezer at night and in the morning I just dump it into the crock pot!




BBQ Dump Chicken

  • 2 large boneless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 16 oz can whole cranberry sauce
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce I use Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Sauce
  • Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Zip close and place in freezer. When ready to use, thaw in fridge overnight. Empty contents into crock-pot and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours.

Served with white rice, drizzled with BBQ sauce and broccoli dusted with Panko and garlic salt.


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. Pinned it! It would probably be as good with boneless, skinless thighs. Just adjust the cooking time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always give us the neatest lil tips for fast tasty meals and I love ya for it!!!! Going to get my crockpot out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to make it easy, looks delicious! Good for John, Jim is a good shopper too, he just doesn't like going with me.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant. I Pinned it on my What to Have for Dinner board, and I also sent the link to Shanley Belle. Thanks, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made something similar with Creamy French dressing and cranberry sauce, so easy, so good, I'll have to try it with BBQ sauce next time, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete