Saturday, October 23, 2021

Thank You Beak and Skiff!



Beak & Skiff Apple Orchard is not far from our home and has been a yearly fall trip for many years. You can read their history HERE 



I recently was gifted 2 bottles of vodka from the general manager to review, 
1911 Vanilla Chai Vodka and 1911 Honeycrisp Apple Vodka:



You can find all of the spirits they distill on the farm HERE

Today we tried their Honeycrisp Vodka.  This is how it is described on their website: 

1911 Honeycrisp Vodka starts with our award-winning triple distilled vodka from our family grown apples.  The vodka is then finished with an infusion of Honeycrisp apples.  It is a sweet, tropical nose and you not only catch flavors from this favorite apple variety but also notes of pear and tropical fruits.


We decided to try the recipe from their website and we made
                                      Orchard Palmers

  • Orchard Palmer
  • 1.5 oz 1911 Honeycrisp Vodka
  • Equal parts Beak & Skiff Fresh Cider and Lemonade
  • Fill glass with ice and fill with Palmer Mix
  • Garnish with Lemon or Apple


It's my new favorite fall cocktail - DELISH and refreshing!  


Here's a little fun thing to say while pouring your liquor into a glass: 
"1,2,3,4 now its time to stop the pour, 
5,6,7,8 now the drink is really great"!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT to serve for a Happy Hour snack with our Orchard Palmers?


Well, I just picked the last of our tomatoes and decided to make little tomato bites - just something I made up as I prepared them!


I had two slices of cheese bread that needed to be used and I picked basil, thyme and parsley from my herb garden.


I cubed the bread and added spices, parmesan cheese and garlic oil to make croutons.  I broiled them to make them nice and crispy:


I diced up a little red onion, green pepper and fresh herbs and added a little tomato oil for added flavor:


I mixed it all together.  I cut the tomatoes in half, hollowed them out and filled each one.




A little slice of pepper jack cheese will help to hold everything together:


A few minutes under the broiler, some chopped chives as a garnish and they were ready to eat with our Orchard Palmers:


They are like  "upside down Bruschetta"!!


It was a perfect little Happy Hour for John and I!


Another cocktail that can be made with Honeycrisp Vodka is
Bees Knees
1911 Honeycrisp Vodka
Triple Sec
Fresh Orange Juice
Served over Crushed ice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out this PAGE for lots of 1911 cocktails!

Thank you to Beak & Skiff for the vodkas !   I will be reviewing the Vanilla Chai in the future.
The opinions, of course, are my own!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Patti, you are Queen of the Cocktail! These sound great and the tomato bites sound amazing! I'm coming over...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your upside-down bruschetta looks so tastey! My kind of thing. As always, your cocktails look stellar. My basil is gone now, but we're still picking tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds and looks great. I love chai. The tomato bites look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO I love the poe, but we Southerners talk real slow like, making a one syllable two, sometimes three, so....
    :D
    The tomato bites look like a great little appetizer!

    ReplyDelete