Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Honey Sesame Chicken

       Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Dump Chicken


This is a "dump" recipe.  You mix all ingredients with chicken, store in a zip bag and freeze it.  Then dump it into a slow cooker and that's it!
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish

DIRECTIONS:

  • In a large bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil and red pepper.
  • Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken into a large zip bag. Add honey mixture and gently toss to combine. Freeze.  
  • when ready to prepare, add to slow cooker and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours 
  • Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred the chicken before returning to the pot with the juices. Cover and keep warm for an additional 30 minutes.
  • Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, over cooked rice.

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Sounds great, I'm all about easy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti...If Bethany comes to your house for Thanksgiving, can I come too? I promise to borrow one of Dorit's dresses. Have a good week, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds DE-LISH, Patti! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an awesome recipe, I Pinned it. Thank you! I use my crockpot so much more often now so that dinner is done when I get home from all my errands. Thanking you profusely!

    Jane ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love easy crock pot meals like this. Thanks for the recipe as it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious meal and so easy. Crockpot cooking is the best.

    ReplyDelete