Friday, February 5, 2021

Valentine Tea for Two - Tea Trivia....

The buffet is set for Tea for Two...while I boil the water, enjoy some tea trivia:

There are four major tea types – black, green, white and oolong – but they all come from one plant, Camellia sinensis. It’s how the leaves are treated that the different types of tea are created.



Tea bags were invented in 1908!


Herbal teas are not actually teas because they do not contain leaves from the plant, Camellia sinensis. Instead, they are infusions made from the roots, leaves, flowers, seeds, and/or fruits of various plants.


Tea bags are good for about six months before they start to lose their flavor and quality.  Loose tea remains good for about two years, provided you keep it away from light and moisture.



You should always use fresh water when making tea. Water that has been boiled previously has lost oxygen which can make your tea taste flat.



Oolong teas can be brewed up to three times.


Black tea can reduce eye puffiness. Steep two black tea bags in hot water for five minutes. Remove the bags and squeeze out the liquid. Allow the bags to cool, and place them on your eyes for 10 minutes.

About 85 percent of tea sales in the U.S. are from iced tea. 

Tea is really, really popular and it’s the most popular beverage in the world after plain water.


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. I love your cute nesting tea pot - your tray of tea is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sweet iced tea is the official drink of Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your teapot service! I think I'd need a double dose of black tea bags and time on the eyes to reduce these puffs. Mine are permanent, have been since I was a child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a cute and informative post, Patti! I love your tea service and set up. It's so pretty. We have tea every afternoon and it's a break I always look forward to. Hope your weekend is a fun one, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty tea for two. I have hot tea every night! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everybody gives me tea. I like tea. But I probably have tea that is 10 years old here. I just don't drink that much! And I hate to pitch it. Someday I'll figure out what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How colorful and GORGEOUS! I would love to have tea with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretties, and I LOVE your teapot! Thanks for all the tea tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pretty tea for two and that pot!!!! Love.....Fun tea trivia.

    ReplyDelete