Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Sloppy Jane Casserole...

I am constantly cutting recipes out of magazine and then I let them pile up.  This past week I went through a pile and chose a few new recipes to try.


This was a casserole called Sloppy Jane and was quick and easy to prepare:



Recipe:
Ingredients
1 c crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 T brown sugar
1 1/2 T Worcestershire Sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 c chopped onion
3 c frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
1 1/2 t garlic pdr, 1/2 chili pdr, 1/2 paprika, salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375' and spray 8"x8" pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl combine tomatoes, br sugar, Worc. sauce and seasonings.
Fry up beef and onion and then add to bowl of sauce. Add to baking pan and top with thawed hash browns.  Bake about 25 min until bubbly.  Turn on broiler and broil about 5 min until hash browns are crispy.  Serves 4 and 250 calories per serving


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Good for you. I have a whole box of clipped recipes called "recipes to try"...lol I need to get on that because starting now I don't think I have enough time to try them all before my life ends...lol
    That casserole sounds good-thanks for sharing it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that this is a smaller casserole the issue I have is it makes so much.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good, Patti! Will you make it again? I may try it. I tired a new one this week already that I liked, but Mr. P.has yet to taste it! That's my main problem, but i always have a brother, daughter or sister who I can share leftovers with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound and look so good. Would certainly be tasty on a cold busy day. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. We lived on casseroles when we were both working, but rarely make them these days. This looks tasty. May need to make a casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to curate the magazines around here and find something new to cook! Love the name of the recipe, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here I didn't know what I was going to fix for dinner tonight. Thanks to you and this delicious recipe I am going to fix this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete