Friday, October 2, 2020

Foliage in the Adirondack Mountains in NY

It was a dry summer and the foliage turned early this year.  

Enjoy a few photos from the Lake Placid area in Adirondack Mountains in NY:








Seven of us spent 5 days in a VRBO and enjoyed every moment hiking, playing cards, sitting by the fire, singing, cooking meals in, playing trivia, sight-seeing, laughing and just enjoying the family time!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait until the leaves turn here. Then I will well and truly know it is Fall! Your family getaway sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description reminds me of family trips we used to take as kids. The best kind of family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still, so beautiful! We're nowhere near the peak, but the northeastern part of our state is reported there this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your getaway sounds like so much fun, we're still green in the South, but temps are finally dropping and I spot some golden leaves. Love seeing the New England colors!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sensational trip this must have been with the foliage ablaze with color! Still summer here but with lower temps in the morning and evening and no humidity! It's a beautiful time of year here too. We'll be waiting awhile for those colors.............

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful venue for leap peeping. I did my first of (I hope) two posts on the leaves in northern Michigan last week. So pretty they take my breath away. But there you have the added height of the mountains too. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. Everything is still brown her. I love the autumn colors. The mountains are fantastic. Nothing like autumn.

    ReplyDelete