Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Faux Mackenzie-Childs Sunflowers....

I recently bought three MacKenzie-Childs sunflowers for $15 ea (additional 40% off). They are beautiful and of great quality:


I wanted to add a few more to the vase so I went to the Dollar Store and bought one bunch of three rust colored sunflowers on a stem and a roll of 'off brand' duct tape.



This was a very inexpensive craft that only took a few minutes to make some 'faux MacKenzie-Childs' sunflowers!

I laid one petal onto the tape, pressed it with my fingers to adhere and cut it to size:


I did this to every other petal:


Two flowers had the tape on the back petals and on the third I put the tape on the front petals:


These added a bit of height and an additional color to my bouquet!


This took all of 20 minutes and cost only $2 !!



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, Patti! I love your dollar store MC inspired flowers much better than the real ones! How ingenious of you to use duct tape! You go girl! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, that's a great craft, I love it! They mix well with the MacKenzie-Childs ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative and economical--thank you, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look terrific! You are always thinking of clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever of you Patti. A great DIY way to have MC Flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG how brilliant you are! They look fabulous!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing - and only $2? A bargain! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, just took the time to read and I'm doing this! lol
    What a grrrreat idea. So clever and easy.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete